Saturday, February 2, 2013

"Eat - Play - Sleep - Repeat" Baby Blanket

My new design is finally finished!   A while back I had seen a cute baby quilt with the words
"eat, play, sleep, repeat" on it, and also some adorable fabric with those words and I wanted to find a way to translate this into a crochet baby blanket.  The blanket is worked in one piece in single crochet with bobbles used to create the raised lettering.  Each word's section has a chart to follow which indicates where to work the sc and bobble stitches.  Bobble stitches are very easy to do, and the pattern includs a photo tutorial on how to make this stitch.

I made this using Red Heart acrylic yarn so that is is easily washable.  The colors used:
White - 7 oz.
Orchid - 5 oz.
Delft Blue - 5 oz.
Spring Green - 5 oz.
Pumpkin - 5 oz.

Pattern is available in both my etsy shop and can also be downloaded instantly here in Ravlery.



Barbara Langer said...

omg, this must be the cutest baby blankie I've seen in a long time! What a great idea, and very well designed!!

Sandy said...

Doni, this is so adorable!!

Ali said...

So cute.I really like the bright colours.
Ali x

Annette said...

How cute is that!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Very, very cute Doni! I think I know the baby blanket that was your inspiration -- I've always loved it. I love that you've translated the idea to crochet!

Holly Louise said...


Ayten said...

Hi,so cute.Thanks :))

Mimi said...

Wow, great job!

rubydorcas said...

I L-O-V-E this!!! I'm changing it to "Eat - Poop - Sleep - Repeat" and using tonal shades of turquoise for my new niece/nephew due in October. Thanks so much!